About Whiteman Airport
Whiteman Airport was originally established in 1946 by Marvin E. Whiteman Sr. as a private general aviation airport. The airport, now owned and operated by the County of Los Angeles, is publicly available to general aviation aircraft 24-hours a day seven days a week and is home to more than 600 based aircraft and numerous aviation-related businesses.
Whiteman Airport safely and efficiently accommodates a wide range of fixed-wing and rotary-wing general aviation aircraft ranging from small two-seat, single-engine propeller aircraft up to much larger and higher capacity turbo-prop or jet aircraft. Among other features, the airport has an Air Traffic Control Tower operating daily, a single 4,120’ by 75’ runway equipped with runway end identifier lights (REILs), pilot controlled medium-intensity runway lighting (MIRLs) and a precision approach path indicator (PAPIs), full- and self-service fueling services (JetA and 100LL) available around the clock, and advanced weather reporting equipment such as the recently installed state-of-the-art Automated Weather Observing System (AWOS).